Welcome!!! On August 14th, your child will experience one of the most important milestones in his/her life... the first day of Kindergarten! Your child will have a full year of exciting learning experiences. It is a new world for the kindergartner as he or she begins on the wonderful road of learning.
We place a high priority on parent involvement, so join us in helping make "your" school a true community! It will be a most rewarding adventure for you and your child!
By the end of Kindergarten your child will:
* Identify all upper and lower case letters of the alphabet within one minute
* Master all consonant and short vowel sounds
* Recognize 67 High Frequency Words
* Read and write independently
* Read, write and count up to 30 (although, most children leaving kindergarten will write and count to 100)
* Simple addition and subtraction
As you can see, we have many skills to master. To prepare your child for the busy year ahead, please work on the following:
* Write his or her name
* Identify and write numbers to 10
* Name and describe shapes (circle, square, triangle, rectangle)
* Recognize primary colors
* Practice the letters and sounds of the alphabet
We are looking forward to a wonderful and exciting year with you and your child!
Please note: The following grade level supply lists and/or donation lists are suggested lists and are not mandatory for families to supply these materials for their students.
Please note that supplies may need to be replenished throughout the year.
(We have a lot of allergies and colds in Kindergarten.)
Please do not send students with a backpack, they will be given a special homework folder.