2020-21 Beginning of the Year Reminders
- July 23 – August 7th: Monday to Thursday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Beginning August 10th: Monday – Friday 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Office number: 562-789-3150
Meet and Greet: More Info Coming
- Get a head start on the year! You will have the opportunity to complete lunch applications,join the PFo, Dads Club, Arts and Music Classes, After school Program, and learn about all of the great events planned for the year.
- PFO will be selling Hoover Hawk T-shirts and Emergency Bags - $10 each
- Find out what class your child will be in for the year
First Day of School: Minimum Day-Wednesday, August 12 at 8:20 AM
- Zoom Instructions and Welcoming will begin today.
- Kindergarten students will be dismissed at 11:45 AM (Students will eat lunch at school)
- Students in grades 1st – 5th grade will be dismissed at 12:55 PM
- With student safety in mind, on the first day of school, we would like parents to walk children to class to assist in the transition to the new school year. As soon as school starts, please make your way out in order to allow teachers to start building community in their classrooms. Kindergarten parents may walk children to class for the first week of school. Gates will remain locked until dismissal. All students are released at the front of the school.
The Information below will be updated to reflect district learning during Covid-19. Thank you for your patience!
Regular Day Schedule:
Kinder (August 15-September 4) 8:20-11:45 (Students eat lunch at school)
Kinder (September 5-June 7 ) 8:20-2:45
Grades 1-3 8:20-2:45
Grades 4-5 8:20-2:55
Minimum Day Schedule ***Most Tuesdays are Minimum Days:
Grades 1-5 8:20-12:55
Back-to-School Night: TBD
This night sets the stage for a successful school year. You will receive valuable information about how our school’s instructional programs, how to support your child with the Common Core State Standards, sign up to volunteer, and visit your child’s classroom.
- Please make every effort to attend.
This year all Hoover Students will be wearing uniforms.
The uniform consists of:
- navy blue or khaki cotton pants, shorts, skirts or jumpers
- a polo shirt (collared) in either red, white, or navy blue
- Shoes: All footwear should be safe and secure in nature. To prevent injuries students may not wear open-toed shoes or sandals. High, platform shoes and shoes with wheels are not allowed. Spirit Days
- FRIDAYS are Spirit days, show your Hoover Hawk pride! Wear your Hoover shirt or a red shirt with jeans that have not holes or fraying
- All Students will be allowed on the campus at 7:50 AM.
- All Kindergarten should be dropped off at the library at 7:50am - 8:10am.
- Classroom teachers will pick up their students at 8:10 AM from the library to walk them to class.
- There is no supervision for students, who are NOT having breakfast, before 7:50 am.
A lunch application must be completed each year for free or reduced lunch. Applications are available in the office and will be sent home on the first day of school.
- Breakfast is available from 7:50-8:15 AM in the MPR
- For students who are not enrolled in the free lunch program, the cost of lunch is $3 and breakfast is $2.
- Milk or juice may be purchased for 50¢.
- Lunch deliveries: Please plan ahead and send your child with their lunch in the morning in order to minimize disrupting classroom instruction during the school day.
Closed Campus Policy:
- In order to keep our campus safe, visitors will not be permitted to enter the school grounds during school hours. All visitors will need to check in at the office and classroom volunteers will have to be cleared by the office and their classroom teacher before working in the classrooms.
- The policy above will take effect on TBD. This will allow parents and students the first couple of days of school to get acquainted with their new teachers and classrooms the first couple of days of school.
- Your child’s attendance and getting to school on time is critical in supporting your child in becoming successful. Please make sure your child gets to school on time every day. In the event your child is ill, please call our office to report his/her absence.
- Students who arrive to school after the 8:20 AM bell will have to visit the school office for a tardy slip before entering their classroom.
Every grade level has a different class supply list. Please refer to the suggested school supply lists, sent home with your child’s report card in June, (also available on our website: hoover.whittiercity.net and Facebook), as you complete your back to school shopping.