2023-24 Beginning of the Year Reminders
- July 17 – August 3: Monday to Thursday from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM (Closed on Fridays)
- Beginning August 7th: Monday – Friday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Office number: 562-789-3150
Meet and Greet: More Info Coming
- Get a head start on the year! You will have the opportunity to complete lunch applications,join the PFo, Dads Club, Arts and Music Classes, After school Program, and learn about all of the great events planned for the year.
- PFO will be selling Hoover Hawk T-shirts and Emergency Bags - $10 each
- Find out what class your child will be in for the year
First Day of School: Minimum Day-Wednesday, August 16 at 8:00 AM
- TK and Kindergarten students will be dismissed at 12:25 AM (Students will eat lunch at school)
- Students in grades 1st – 3rd grade will be dismissed at 12:25 PM
- Students in grades 4th – 5th grade will be dismissed at 12:35 PM
Regular Day Schedule:
TK & Kinder (August 16-September 5) 8:00-12:25 (Students eat lunch at school)
TK & Kinder (Starting September 6-June 7 ) 8:00-2:15pm
Grades 1-3 8:00-2:15pm
Grades 4-5 8:00-2:25pm
Minimum Day Schedule ***Most Tuesdays are Minimum Days:
TK & Kinder 8:00-12:25 (Sept. 5)
Grades 1-3 8:00-12:25p
Grades 4-5 8:00-12:35p
Back-to-School Night: August 31, 2023
This night sets the stage for a successful school year. You will receive valuable information about how our school’s instructional programs, how to support your child with the Common Core State Standards, sign up to volunteer, and visit your child’s classroom.
- Please make every effort to attend.
This year all Hoover Students will be wearing uniforms.
The uniform consists of:
- navy blue or khaki cotton pants, shorts, skirts or jumpers
- a polo shirt (collared) in either red, white, or navy blue
- Shoes: All footwear should be safe and secure in nature. To prevent injuries students may not wear open-toed shoes or sandals. High, platform shoes and shoes with wheels are not allowed. Spirit Days
- TUESDAYS are College Days - Wear your favorite college shirt
- FRIDAYS are Spirit Days, show your Hoover Hawk pride! Wear your Hoover shirt or a red shirt with jeans that have not holes or fraying
- All Students will be allowed on the campus at 7:40 AM.
- All TK & Kindergarten should be dropped off at the library at 7:40am - 8:00am.
- Classroom teachers will pick up their students at 8:00 AM from the library to walk them to class.
- There is no supervision for students, who are NOT having breakfast, before 7:40 am.
A lunch application must be completed each year for free or reduced lunch. Applications are available in the office and will be sent home on the first day of school.
- Breakfast is available from 7:40-8:00 AM in the MPR
- This year all students will have the opportunity to receive breakfast and lunch at school FREE of charge due to a district grant .
- Lunch deliveries: Please plan ahead and send your child with their lunch in the morning in order to minimize disrupting classroom instruction during the school day.
- Although our district was fortunate to receive a grant for FREE breakfast and lunch for ALL students, we kindly request ALL families to complete a meal application as this supports ongoing school funding.
Closed Campus Policy:
- In order to keep our campus safe, visitors will not be permitted to enter the school grounds during school hours. All visitors will need to check in at the office and classroom volunteers will have to be cleared by the office and their classroom teacher before working in the classrooms.
- The policy above will take effect on TBD. This will allow parents and students the first couple of days of school to get acquainted with their new teachers and classrooms the first couple of days of school.
- Your child’s attendance and getting to school on time is critical in supporting your child in becoming successful. Please make sure your child gets to school on time every day. In the event your child is ill, please call our office to report his/her absence.
- Students who arrive to school after the 8:15 AM bell will have to visit the school office for a tardy slip before entering their classroom.
Every grade level has a different class supply list. Please refer to the suggested school supply lists, sent home with your child’s report card in June, (also available on our website: hoover.whittiercity.net and Facebook), as you complete your back to school shopping.